As a craftsman or hobbyist, you may work on one or more projects with a variety of tools and materials. While working on these projects, your high-powered cutting tools are modified, replaced, repaired, or adjusted to suit your needs. Needless to say, making various customizations with your power cutting tool like a miter saw can sometimes damage the saw blade and change the alignment section quickly.
As a result, it will impact your work badly and disappoint you in many aspects. So what is the easy solution to get rid of this problem? The answer is you need to get professional tips to square a miter saw with simple steps. The mentioned task is not that difficult if you apply your total concentration and effort and are determined to get effective cuts at every end.
If you feel very uncomfortable facing the task, this article is for you. Today, we will show all the easy steps regarding the problems with proper details. Without talking further, let’s dive into the main action.
Things To Consider Before Square up a Miter Saw
Before you get into the main topic, we request you to follow some special tips and information that will surely help you get a safe and satisfactory result at last. Of course, the following aspects will increase your confidence and lead you to make better cuts through your miter saw. So, check out the points one by one:
- Generally, when we work on a continuous term, most of us forget the cleaning section. This is why before you square your miter saw, try to clean it up with a soft and washable cloth. Remember, this useful hack helps to extend the longevity of your tool and keep it safe from the old oil spill and its harmful impact.
- No matter what you do with your powerful miter saw, you must put on safety outfits during your work. It is imperative, and you cannot deny its importance. Cover your flexible areas with safety kits such as construction gloves, dust masks, hard hats, ear protection, and goggles. Especially if you feel breathing problems from sawdust, a protective dust mask will help you to stay safe from dust allergens.
- There is no doubt that operating a miter saw does not require high knowledge and skills. That means a person with simple and adequate knowledge of cutting can operate a miter saw very easily. But the following fact is not enough for beginners. To get a good start in their career, they should follow the instructional manual and go through the process individually.
- Indeed, a miter saw is a simple tool, and it listens to the commands of its user. So, it will do exactly what you force it to do. This is why we request you to handle it with soft hands and to change or replace the tool parts carefully after checking their functionality. To extend the life of your saw blade, this necessary step is appreciated and accepted by all.
- If you want to become a professional craftsman, you should get proper knowledge of the required tools and their usage as well. Once you get adequate details about your product, you can easily make the best adjustment with them. Not all types of cutting jobs can be processed with the same tool or relevant equipment. So, you should first check your job requirements section and decide what to pick or apply for.
Important Steps To Square A Miter Saw Easily
Now, the most important part appears at this stage. Let's clear all the steps one by one in an easy-to-understand manner:
#Step No: 1- Clean The Miter Saw
The most common problem with square a miter saw is its dust and debris. While using a miter saw for a continuous period naturally will flow huge sawdust around the workspace. This dirt is really unhealthy, and sometimes it causes serious health problems for the users. To get rid of this problem, you can wear a dust mask. But you can’t avoid the debris part so easily.
This unexpected debris creates a trap in the miter saw alignment section. If you notice a problem with your saw, you won't be able to move the saw freely, and it certainly won't keep your saw in perfect alignment.
For this, you can use an air compressor with an air nozzle on the hose’s end. This ideal tool works great for removing all the sawdust from your tool and keeps it safe from debris jams too. In some cases, you can keep a clean cotton cloth to clean your miter saw every day.
#Step No: 2- Check The Saw Blade
Basically, saw blades encounter various problems. Sometimes, it loses sharpness or stability, or its teeth break or even become covered with painful stains. These problems severely happen to most of us. So, what is the way to get rid of this?
During the maintenance period, check the saw blade carefully. If it fails to provide satisfactory performance, try to change it, sharpen it from the service center, and use a good stain remover to get a refined look on your blade.
#Step No: 3- Align The Miter Saw Table Perfectly
Nowadays, almost everyone owns a nice and stable miter saw table along with their miter saw. The miter saw table offers great stability and helps to align the tool on a flat surface. This is why it is important to align the miter saw table to the floor perfectly. Although a new miter saw table looks stable and doesn't go wrong, an old age table needs some immediate supervision to get it right.
To set the old miter saw table in the previous stage, set it on a plane surface. To examine the accuracy, you can vibrate the table and see how it reacts. If you feel it is still shaking continuously, you can replace it or repair it soon.
#Step No: 4- Fence Alignment
Once you properly solve the table alignment issue, now you should move into the fence alignment part. Just like the table, the fence should immediately line up ideally. Usually, the fence stays on the rear border of the miter saw table.
Ideally, this part helps to chop long and heavy materials. You can check the alignment of your fence by using a straight edge. Try to hang the straight edge with the length of the fence and then find out if it goes misaligned or not.
If you find the fence is not in a square position, open up its screws and then tighten them strongly. Do not ignore this part if you really want to square a miter saw perfectly.
#Step No: 5- Aligning the Miter Angle
While using the miter saw, most people usually make angle and bevel cuts through it. That's why it is important to align the miter angle part at 0 degree position. When you try to align the miter saw, do not move your miter angle from 0 degree position. (Ways you can trim without a miter saw at 45 degree angle.)
Remember, It must be squared up with the fence alignment. Take a rafter layout square. Then place its one edge corner in opposition to the front edge of the fence. Now force the saw to reach the maximum lower position of your blade. Next, slide the square into the side border of the blade.
Try to meet the one border of the square layout in opposition to the blade side. Then set the next border in opposition to the fence. Do not allow any gap between the setup. If you notice some unusual gap between them, tighten them up as quickly as possible.
#Step No: 6- Bevel Angle Adjustments
If you own a dual bevel miter that must rotate the same 45 degrees left and right. To examine the functionality, 0 degree angle and the miter saw table at a square position. In the meantime, you should put the square on the edge. One part of the edge must confront above, and the other one must be set on the miter saw table flatly. Now turn down the miter saw blade slowly.
Next, place the square down until your miter blade and edge line up properly. If you see some notable void between them, shrink them up as soon as possible.
#Step No: 7- Examine Your Saw for Accuracy
After you complete all the previous steps, now it is the perfect time to examine the accuracy of your miter saw. The process here is relatively easier, and you can do them without any hassle. First, power on the miter saw and set its crosscuts functionality at 0°. If your miter saw cuts look very satisfactory, that means your miter saw is set to square.
But if you find some unusual cuts which don’t look perfect in a normal sense, then you need to revise all the steps from the beginning point. Don't worry you can make few different cuts with your miter saw.
Nothing can stop you from aligning square a miter saw if you follow our professional steps. At the end of the day, perfect and accurate cuts come only from the ideal alignment of your tool setup. If you place them in the wrong way, it will definitely provide the wrong results. That's why you should always seek high-class advice from professionals and have professional cutting results at every end.
Eagerly, we are waiting to hear your overall experience in our comment section. So, please share your positive and negative feedback to improve our writing. Till then, we will meet soon on another topic.
Leave a Reply